The general criteria for acceptance into Jeffrey’s House are:
1. Residents must be sober and actively maintaining sobriety by being involved in a recovery program.
2. Residents must have the ability to pay $125.00 dollars rent weekly. A $125.00 dollar non-refundable entry fee is required to reserve a bed. First and last weeks’ rent is required, therefore there is a total payment of $375.00 dollars to enter the house. IF A RESIDENT IS ASKED TO LEAVE, THERE ARE NO REFUNDS. If leaving is voluntary, you must give a one-week notice. During this one-week period payment of rent is not required since all residents have a one-week reserve that will be used to pay their rent.
3. Residents must have a willingness to cooperate with other residents and contribute to improving the house and community.
1. Residents are expected to abstain from alcohol and other substances. If a resident is using alcohol/drugs or involved in any drug activity, he/she will be immediately discharged. In addition, residents must agree to submit to three (3) scheduled drug test per week.
2. Sexual contact between residents is cause for immediate discharge.
3. Rent is due by Friday prior to leaving the House for the weekend. Non-payment of rent is subject to disciplinary action and may result in discharge.
4. Disruptive, threatening or abusive behavior to residents and/or staff will not be tolerated and subject to discharge.
5. Residents must agree to participate in a minimum of three (3) N/A or AA meetings per week.
6. Residents must agree to participate in three (3) urine screens per week.
7. Residents must attend one (1) in-house (Sunday) meeting weekly.
8. All residents must be in the house by: 11 pm. Sunday through Thursday; weekends by 12 Midnight.
9. New residents to Jeffrey’s House will not be permitted to have overnights for one week. Overnights are Friday and Saturday.
10. Residents must be willing to do assigned chores.